In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Friday, October 9, 2009

O.....M....G..... To the Nth Degree....


I really don't know how much more of this week my heart will be able to stand!

Just got the news that President Barack H. Obama has just won the Nobel Peace Prize.

In the space of one year, I have lived to see a black man elected US President, AND to see that same man win a Nobel Peace Prize.

Be careful what you wish for. Thankfully, I was careful when I insisted on expecting great things this week.

FINALLY, my heart is racing, and I'm sweating, and about to cry, for reasons other than hormonal disturbance!

Thank you, God, for letting me live to witness this day!

No comments: