In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

First "Snapshot Nairobi"


Startin' a new feature today, and it's solely because the sign in this photo made me laugh my ass off. I figure since I've decided to start being more mindful in general, I should try and capture some of the day to day images in Nairobi that resonate so much with me and share them with you.

So, here's my first offering, a sign I noticed while sitting in traffic on the way home tonight. I've probably been driven past it hundreds of times in the past 15 months and just never noticed before. Anyway, it's for "Titters Pub and Butchery."

.....because I don't know about YOU, but for ME, nothing says fun after a long, hard day at the office like piles of steaming entrails and hacked carcasses to go with that cold brewski.

Hilarious!

No comments: