In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Here Comes the Sun....


...and I say, "It's alright."


It's been super nutty crazy this past week, what with Arusha and then getting back to Nairobi where my newspaper designer gal pal Kelly has returned. We had an amazing 6 course French meal Thursday night, which I'm still trying to recover from. Then she headed to Mombasa for the the weekend while I prepped for a dinner party for 10 last night, in honor of my boss's final evening in Kenya. Another great success...I guess I can start believing it when people call me a gourmet cook. Not exactly ready to open my own restaurant or anything, but I really acquit myself rather excellently in the kitchen, if'n I do say so myself.



Looks like another busy week ahead, too. I'm in a really good place these days. But then, I guess I always knew that what lay behind those gloomy clouds would re-emerge.

No comments: