In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

"Twas the Night Before Christmas at JKIA"


"Twas the night before Christmas, and here's what I say,
It's so thrilling to be here at JKIA!
I'm very relaxed and peaceful--Who knew?
Feeling vastly much better than back in Gu-lu.

Never thought I would ever consider this season
As anything other than gloomy--for reasons
You all know too well. I won't go there for now.
'Cept to say that I'm healing, and the feeling is, "Wow!"

For the rest of my life, this time of the year
Will remind me of one I held so very dear.
But time has helped me remember the love,
And the fact that she watches me down from above.

Julie'd pimp-slap me senseless for stewing in grief.
I'm unswerving in that wholehearted belief.
So I'm headed back "home" to refresh and regroup
And to eat steaming bowls of Pho (Vietnamese soup.)

Soon enough, I'll be back---but before I take flight,
Merry Christmas to All, and to All a Good Night!

No comments: