In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hold That Thought

You know, I'm getting SO excited about heading back to my good old US of A on Christmas Eve!!!! I'm also rather naively trying to convince myself that being parked in New York City this time next week will be just as soul satisfying as strolling along a beach like this one near Mombasa, on the Kenyan coast.

But I've spent most of this weekend monitoring the monster blizzard that socked the Mid-Atlantic and the Northeast. Now, I know I've occasionally complained about the Climate Change related mischief that's creating lingering, unseasonably chilly temps over here in Nairobi. But something tells me getting off that plane in New York on Christmas Day will make me long for the cool breezes on the balcony of the Oasis of Graciousness. After all, I'll be encountering sub-freezing temps and snow for the first time in...well, I guess a couple of years now, considering I've mostly been toiling in Sub-Saharan Africa since June of 2007.

Guess I'll just need to hold this thought the entire time I'm back on the East Coast. (And maybe book myself a ticket to Mombasa before I leave.)

No comments: