In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Travel Perk

The good news about being in Nyeri is I'm told that for the most part, the mosquitoes that are draining my arteries are not malarial.

The better news is that the rubbery plate of vulcanized roast beef or "nyama choma" that I just tried to tuck into didn't wreck the $5,000 worth of dental work I've invested in over the past few years.

But the BEST NEWS OF ALL was finding the only coffeehouse in Nyeri, and getting yet another sign that my Archangel is always on the case.

I'm still smiling. My Christmas Blend came early this year.

No comments: