In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Friday, December 25, 2009

"I'll be in Romulus for Christmas..."

"You can count on me. Please have Coke, and those Fritos, and don't be drama-free...."

Actually, all things considered, these Fritos and this Coke are probably the best Christmas meal I've ever had in my life. That's because I'm eating them in the Best Western, Romulus Michigan about 8 hours after I landed at Detroit Metro Airport on Christmas Day. That's also about 3 hours after I should have landed in New York City.

I know you guys have been busy with other mundane stuff, like, say, CHRISTMAS MERRIMENT, but in case you haven't had time to catch CNN, I was almost kinda-sorta involved in a major terrorist incident. I'm just too exhausted to get into details at the moment, but let me say this..

Karma is a MUTHAFUCKA. This is what I get for being a smug bee-YOTCH about my blissfully stress free holiday travel agenda!

I'll probably unspool details over the next day or so, when my addled brain and weary bones that are still operating on Nairobi time aren't screaming, "What the hell are you doing awake and typing at dawn on a Saturday morning????" But hey, it's still Christmas Night in Romulus, Michigan and I'm still alive. And there ain't a brined turkey in the world that could top this meal, after a day like today.

No comments: