In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Monday, March 23, 2009

To Laugh or Not to Laugh...That Is The Question...


And now for a brief return to my prevailing theme, "The Power of Choice"....

I got an email today from my friend Jackie, the one who's doing a producing stint for a local Oprah-style cable show. I didn't have to open it to know what it was about...here's the subject line,

"looking for menopausal women and I thought of you!"

I mean, what are you supposed to do in a situation like that? Depending on what time of the month it is, you might either burst into tears or call her up and curse her to a fare-thee-well. Fortunately, I'm currently within my monthly "sanity window," which consists of about 5 days when I don't feel like biting the head off a kitten, and so I just started laughing my ass off.

Good choice, I'd say!

No comments: