In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"I''m Just Sayin', Dawg..." Part 4


Woke up this morning to the following front page headline,

"Government Runs Out of Cash for Free School." Apparently, the famine crisis has sapped all of Kenya's reserve funding, so the 10 billion shillings needed to provide free education for Kenyan children during the first quarter of 2009 just isn't available.

Of course, during my 7 months here, the myriad corruption scandals I've read about have resulted in far more than 10 billion shillings gone missing. So far, nobody's being held accountable.

(Oh, and the reason the government had to spend big bucks importing maize to deal with the famine crisis is because some politician allegedly sold the country's maize reserves in a side deal and pocketed the money for himself.)

But you didn't hear that from me.

"I'm just sayin', dawg..."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

....am just saying I love your blog..came across it and read all way back from Gulu....stay safe!