In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

March SUCKS.....


It probably didn't help my mood much last night to head home after a hard day's work and watch "Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte," with Bette Davis and Olivia de Havilland. I popped it into the laptop as I lay across my bed wearing nothing but my drawers, with the fan pointed directly at me. Somehow, though, observing the campy melodramatics of two middle aged divas was entirely appropriate for my current state of being.

I'm not even gonna get started about the severe hot flash routine that kicked in few weeks ago. I bore myself sometimes with it. But this morning, it dawned on me why my overall mood has started curdling lately. Six years ago today, my eldest brother David decided he didn't want to wake up anymore. And my sister Julie was diagnosed with Stage 3 Colon Cancer in March of 2006. A year after emergency surgery, during a visit to DC to celebrate one year of being "cancer free," she wound up back in the hospital. That was the start of the Ultimate Downhill Slide.

Oh, and those thoughts occurred BEFORE I checked my email and saw that my brother Fred, who has struggled with diabetes, obesity, back problems and a host of other health issues, was hospitalized yesterday with sky-high blood pressure.

I don't want to even think about the potential horrors that await on the ides of March.

So, I need to do something to jolt myself out of this suck-y mood. Maybe a game drive, or another jolt of Zanzi-bliss? We shall see.....

No comments: