In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

We Are The Champions, The Sequel

You might look at this photo and think of just one champion, America's First Black Supreme Court Justice, Thurgood Marshall.

I look at it and see 2 others. Granted, my brother-in-law Ron and I didn't change any laws, or fight for justice our whole lives, but we stood toe-to-toe, chin up and shoulders squared, against the most indomitable foe ever: Death.

It robbed us, but we were not defeated. It hasn't been easy going on without Julie, my sister and Ron's wife, but we've managed to hold it together. We have our ups and downs, and not a day goes by that we don't think of her and miss her, but somehow, our hearts have gone on.

I think she is extremely proud of us. I know I am.

No comments: