In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Like Finding Myself in a Haystack

This is my new most favorite picture of myself. It was taken on cold, rainy, foggy Cannon Beach, on the coast of Central Oregon, by my friend Lisa. I'm posing near the famous Haystack Rock in the waters of the Pacific.

When I first saw this shot, I was tempted to mention how fat I look, but I really don't, even with the fleece jacket on. I have to send yet another shout out across the miles to my Zanzi-buddy Ron, who told me to always angle myself when facing a camera. I think I pulled off a pretty decent angle in this shot. Shaved off 10 pounds in the process.

And I guess I just look grown in this picture. Grown-er than I've ever looked, I think. I look like an author posing for a book jacket in this picture. I look like a woman who's been somewhere and seen some things. I look quite content without being smug about it.

I like this woman. A lot.

1 comment:

cm66 said...

Hi I have immensely enjoyed reading your blog; I am a Ugandan M&E Consultant who travels around the region; been to North Sudan recently and wrote to a friend in England (a woman of Tanzanian and English parentage)about feeling lost in the wilderness of the Sahara and missing home - she gave me the url to your blog; and here i am today, just spent the last 3 hours of valuable time reading your fascinating pages instead of getting on with a report i should be submitting tommorow but now cant!! You are guilty of being such a talented writer to the detriment of your readers who probably spend more time than they ought to doing indulging in your literary mastery!! Go Girl, just one question did u get round to passing on that duck to its rightful golfing owner??? R