In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Me and the Mini Maasai

Don't try and act like this isn't the cutest picture ever! It seems I can't get away from young warrior males. They're everywhere.

Granted, I had a hand in fomenting this adorable ferocity. These two boys are Spencer and Kemp, the sons of my dear friend Simone. I couldn't come back to the States this time without seeing her and the kids, so I picked up a few Maasai shields for them.

It's astonishing watching how hard-wired little boys are! Granted, Spence and Kemp have probably seen quite a few movies and TV shows where soldiers fight, so they were partly just mimicking warfare. But their automatic reaction to the gifts was hilarious. That is, after they stopped trying to kill each other.

No comments: