In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Random Observation


It's kind of embarassing for me to have to admit this, but after closely inspecting yesterday's 21 year old photo of myself, I must acknowledge an eerie resemblance to Ernest Penfold, the bumbling yet loyal hamster sidekick to the British cartoon superhero "Danger Mouse."

I mean, with the frizzy fro and the GINORMOUS glasses, there's just no denying it. Would that my hair "issues" had ended atop that misty Hawaiian volcano in August of 1987. Rather, I'm still dealing with the blowback from last Friday's color switch debacle....

But I shall speak no more of these matters, because today should be focused on things far more important than my kooky cabeza. In a couple of hours, I'll be heading to a local church for a celebration of President Barack H. Obama's inauguration, followed by a dinner and viewing of his swearing in.

Still, I can't help feeling that if wacky shit keeps happening to me in 2009, based on the current pace, I'm likely to spontaneously combust no later than Easter.

No comments: