In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Luck Be a Lizard...


What is it about the New Year that makes creepy, crawly critters come after me like there's a mob hit on my ass?

New Year's Eve 2008, it was "The Behe-MOTH" that terrorized me under the mosquito netting in Gulu. Yesterday, I opened the cabinet in the bathroom, and a little lizard snaked out, eyeballed me for a second and then skittered away.

When you consider that I've lived at the Liza(rd) Apartments for 6 months now, and this is the first lizard I've seen, I'm doing pretty good. But DAMN! There's nothing like almost grabbing a lizard instead of the roll of toilet paper you were reaching for to give a sister a major case of the heebies.

Looks like "Princess Rachella's 2009 Madcap Adventure" is launching in grand style!

No comments: