In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

From Cairo to Kenya!


Since the whole world is crushin' on our new President, and everybody is intrigued with the whole "Senator from Illinois with Kenyan Roots" thing, I thought I'd get in on it while the gettin's good.

Here's a picture of me with Broadway's ORIGINAL Lion King, my buddy Chris Jackson, who's also from Cairo, Illinois! He's now starring in the Tony-winning musical "In The Heights." When I was back in the US for a hot minute last October, I brought back some Masai warrior shields from Kenya, for Chris and his adorable son CJ.

How ironic; Chris starred in a smash hit Broadway musical about Kenyan critters, and now I'm living in Kenya. Kinda makes you feel all tingly inside, don't it?

No comments: