In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Lamu Daze


This is how I spent most of the past week on Lamu Island, off the coast of Kenya. That is why there's been no activity on the blog lately. But I'm back in Nairobi, savoring these last few days of vacation and steeling myself to climb back on the out-of-control rollercoaster of life here on Wednesday.

I'll try to recap the highlights of the latest chapter of Rachel and Ron's Excellent Tour of Indian Ocean Islands over the next few days. In short, 5 days and 4 nights at the Kipungani Explorer Lodge were bliss. Just what I needed, exactly when I needed it. Well, almost, anyway.

After all, what is an island vacation without a well-oiled Idris Elba offering his personal greeting, and vowing to ensure that your every need and want will be enthusiastically met?

Seriously, folks, that's what was going on under the hat.

No comments: