In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's Off To Work I Go


When you think about it, I've had a pretty good run. The past few weeks have been really exhilarating, even with all the travel and work. Vacation was glorious. And I've truly enjoyed the past few days with my Zanzi-buddy Ron and our friend Kelly, who's in town doing some consultant work with the Daily Nation.

So I'm not sure why I damn near unravelled last night at the Thai restaurant where they just couldn't fathom our request for several copies of the receipt. It was as if we'd asked them to perform delicate eye surgery on each of us with a fish fork.

I think I'm just being a big whiny brat who STILL resents the fact that she wasn't born a trust fund baby. If I had been, I'd spend most of my time in a hammock like this. But since I wasn't, I still gotta go to work, like I'm getting ready to do this morning, after seeming ages away from Nation Centre. So I vow to try and take frequent mental retreats to a place and time just like this........

No comments: