In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy Trails To Me


Okay, after a hot stone massage and an oxygenating facial, today I feel more like the Golden Monkey pictured here, all cute and cuddly and stuff. Sure, I still haven't finished packing, and the workshop program is, shall we say, "evolving" (aka being pulled outta thin air), but at least some of the stress of the past few weeks has been pounded out of me.

So, I'm drinking a fuzzy navel, relaxing at the Oasis, and feeling actually pretty excited about the upcoming week. Besides, there's plenty of time to finish packing. After all, I'm not heading to the airport for another 11 hours. I just hope I remember my toothbrush this trip.

No comments: