In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Monday, June 15, 2009

......Speaking of Which.....



Please mark the date July 25, 2010 on your calendars. That's when I'm getting married! I haven't picked out the dress, or the venue, or the color scheme yet.


Or the groom.


But one of those infernally irresistable Facebook quizzes has deduced that next July is when I'll be taking my own solemn vows of holy matrimony. I just answered a handful of rather vague questions, and voila! The exact date magically appeared!


This tells me two things. First, I should probably stop spending so much time on Facebook. (Of course I won't.)


Next, another Facebook quiz revealed that my 'inner nationality" is...German. No offense, but that's just crazy talk! I couldn't tell a schnitzel from a strudel to save my life, and never actually followed through with my secret desires to rule the world.


So let's just say I ain't thinking "live band versus deejay" just yet. But who knows? Stranger things have happened (like me moving to Northern Uganda). I'll still be in Kenya next July, so to all my US peeps, start alerting your travel agents to look for sale fares to East Africa!


(Oh, and if you know any available men who walk upright, are free from the scrutiny of the criminal justice system and have at least 2/3rds of their own teeth and hair, drop me a line.)

No comments: