In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Sasha, Slam Dunkin'!


I just got an email from my brother-in-law Ron, containing some gorgeous photos of President and Mrs. Obama, and their beautiful young daughters. It reminded me of something I meant to mention earlier this week.

It was a news brief I'd read about The First Couple attending their first school activity outing, to watch one of their girls play basketball. Naturally, I assumed it referred to Malia.

At 10, she is a tall, reed-thin beauty who I could easily see giving her dad a run for his money on a basketball court. She's at the age where she'll probably start trying out for the middle school girls' basketball team, and I figured this was maybe one of those events.

So when I finally saw a longer story about the outing, at first I thought it HAD to contain an error. It said the Obamas had gone to see 7-year-old Sasha play b-ball.

But then I remembered the supremely attitudinal photo-op with Dick Cheney, and quickly envisioned Sasha drivin' down the lane to the hoop. That is one baaaad baby girl....

No comments: