In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dhow Jones-ing.....


One of my most enjoyable experiences during the trip to Zanzibar was watching dhow sailboats drift along the horizon. There is something so lyrical, so Aladdin-ish about them. Their billowly sails are magical, somehow. I was mesmerized whenever one came into view.

One thing is certain...that trip convinced me it's time to invest in a grown-up camera. Those point-and-shoot babies just don't do justice to some of the vistas I saw. But I tried to capture a few pics of the delightful dhows...check 'em out on my Facebook page...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/album.php?aid=90019&id=772031562&ref=mf

No comments: