In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"Picture It...Cairo....1978...."

Okay, my buddy Ron just threw down the gauntlet. He read the last blog entry and reminded me that any blogger worth a rat's ass usually manages to put pictures on his/her site.

Shortly after launching this blog in May of 2007, I totally stopped trying to find creative ways to illustrate my posts after about a month of Internet Hell in Gulu. Once I realized I'd need the patience of Job and a military satellite hovering directly behind my left shoulder to accomplish that technological feat, I just gave up on trying to post pictures.

But lo and behold, it works like a charm here in Nairobi!!! So I thought I'd start off with two shots....one being what I think is probably in the top 5 of the best pictures I've ever taken in my life, and the other the hands-down winner for the worst (described below). I'm actually so geeked, I think I'll start taking some shots of Nairobi to post, to give y'all a glimpse of my new life.

(Yawn..) I just got home from my first "date" in Nairobi..." but I'm too tired to write about it. I'll post tomorrow.

That's right....gotta keep you on the edge of your seats!!!!!!!

No comments: