In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Divine Do-over in Dar!

Fortunately, the Universe frequently finds a way to initiate fairly prompt corrective measures for the endless loop of hilarious hijinks that comprise the bulk of my life.

I'm posting this from what I think is one of the finest hotels in East Africa: The Kilimanjaro Kempinski in Dar es Salaam. Here's the view from the chaise lounge in my "deluxe, ocean view room." Now, THIS is luxury!!! You should see the total art-deco bathtub, and the groov-acious furnishings! And the air-conditioning was already cranked when I got there! That taupe tarp tent I was rockin' this past weekend seems like a bad gin and tonic hangover nightmare!!

"Princess Rachella is restored to her greatness at last!!!"

And get this: right after I'd checked in and was waiting to board the elevator, the doors slid open, and there stood 5 of the yummiest looking male humanoids I've seen in quite some time. It seems the Moroccan National Football Team is also in residence at the Kempinski, for a match this weekend. And even though the lint in the bottom of my purse is older than most of those studs....hey, I'll be needing a hip replacement in a decade or so anyway, so why not do some damage this weekend??

"Ma fĂȘte d'anniversaire se poursuit!"

No comments: