In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

"What's Wrong With This Picture?"


"Or perhaps I should be asking, "What's right with this picture???"

If you're one of my handful of loyal readers, you may recall that I posted a photograph of my mantel a few weeks ago. Well, think of this as one of those magazine-style features where they post two photos of the same scene, but something's different in one of them, and you have to figure out what that is. This time, there's something new, and something missing.

While you're ruminating, let me just say that I've recently learned a powerful lesson about releasing fear of rejection and vulnerability. I've learned that when you give something from a place of genuine sincerity, without expecting something in return, it doesn't matter how it's received. The gesture alone is healing, and you should never be afraid to give for the right reasons.

That's all I'm gonna say for now. Discuss amongst yourselves.

No comments: