In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Rachelle et Gorille

Fortunately, I did manage to compose myself and get the tracker to capture this image, from a slightly safer distance.

You know, one of the security guards at the U.S. Embassy gave me the Kinyarwandan name "Mahirwe" (Mah-HEAR-way) on the last day. It means "lucky." So, when I add it to other names I've been given since traveling in East Africa, my full name is "Rahel Vuyanzi Nyaboke Mahirwe Nyaguthii," which means "Rachel Joyous Sweet as Honey Lucky Traveler."

And considering that I didn't get my head yanked off by Magilla Gorilla, I think that's pretty appropriate.

No comments: