In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"And THEN, To Top It ALL Off......."

....So I'm standing in a dressing room in a Kisumu clothing shop waiting for the sales girl to bring me a larger size of jeans. You know how it is, when you're shopping in foreign countries and you can't quite do the math on sizing.

For example, I'm a 44/46 in Italian clothing, depending on how it's cut. Which makes me about a 10/12 in US sizes. (Not to be defensive or anything, but I'm fine with that...I like a little meat on my own bones.) Anyway, I grabbed a couple pair of jeans, size 44, just to give 'em a try. Having left my can of Crisco at home, those suckers didn't get much past my knees. Fortunately, the polite young clerk rushed to my aid when I asked for them in larger sizes, draping the articles over the top of the curtain rod.

Clearly, she mistook me for the ballet-dancing elephant from "Fantasia."

So, this year's bout of August Blues is "fleshing" out quite nicely!

"Any day now, Archangel.....I'm still waiting for that sign......"

No comments: