In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hump Day

Y'all need to pray for me, but not just for the reason you think.

You see, today I bought these two bags for one reason and one reason only. Not because I needed them...God no. That would be too much like right. Nay, I bought these two amazingly beautiful, well-made, sturdy bags because they were made out of.....camel leather.

A freakin' CAMEL, people!! The "Ship of the Desert," and all that rot!! One of those tall, spindly-legged, goofy lookin' mo' fo's with the humps and the cloven hooves. One of those critters that should probably be on the endangered species list, but escape that fate because they're so friggin' horny, you couldn't kill 'em off if you tried.

Not that this means they should wind up being a purse because of their loose morals, but there was just something so borderline creepy and guilt-inducing about owning these bags! I've long since stopped worrying about the immortal soul of cows; they shouldn't taste so damn good if they don't want me to flaunt their skin. Hell, it would just go to waste if somebody didn't dry it and stretch it and dye it and tailor it to my exact, buttery-soft specifications.

But camel leather. CAMEL LEATHER, FOR CRISSAKES!!! And both bags cost about one third of what one of them would have cost if I'd bought it at Nordstrom's!!!!!

I swear, if malaria doesn't kill me, the amazing creativity and craftwork of this continent WILL.

HELL-OOOOOOO!!! THEY'RE MADE OUT OF A CAMEL, PEOPLE!!!

Don't hate, appreciate. And don't forget to pray for me, while you're at it.

2 comments:

Kit in DC said...

Love this.

Kit in DC said...

I'm praying for you and that the camel now on YOUR back doesn't spit! He's prob. pretty proud to be accompanying such a stylin' human!