In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Another Thing To Do When the Grief is Enuf

I've slept with this iPad more than any man I've ever known. I got it just before Christmas, and it is without a doubt the coolest gadget I've ever owned.

As usual, I haven't really figured out one tenth of what it's able to do, so it's basically just an outsized iPod/email tool. Coupled with the new, outrageously expensive headphones Kelly brought over for me (I left my other pair of outrageously expensive headphones in the back seat of a taxi last summer), I have been indulging in electronic escapism every single chance I get these days.

Probably shouldn't be listening to "The Essential Michael Jackson" collection these days, given how hard HIS passing hit me, but great headphones get you so focused on the amazing sound quality, you forget everything but the beat.

The operative word here being "forget."

No comments: