In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Friday, March 26, 2010

A Matter of Course

This is a scene from my brief outing at the Kenya Open 2010 on Friday. To summarize the experience, I had a great conversation with my Barclays Bank "relationship manager," who invited me to the event, drank substandard Chardonnay, got shushed a few times for making noise while some guy was putting, or bogeying, or making an eagle, or a buzzard...HELL, I don't know!!!....and then almost got attacked by flesh eating ants.

Okay, so they weren't flesh eating, but they were getting on my damn nerves. Anyway, I have to say that while it was a beautiful day, and I enjoyed myself, the experience definitely made me question whether or not I could cut it as one of the idle rich. At least until the following day. That's when everything became clear.

They don't call me Princess Rachella for nothin'.....

No comments: