In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Divine Destiny on Diani

I should have known that when my plane took off yesterday evening for Mombasa, and I looked out of my window and saw a rainbow where there had been no rain, that this was going to be a blissful weekend.

But then that gets me back to an earlier posting, about the amazing synergy that happens whenever my friend Kelly sets foot on the African continent. And since we've concluded that in previous lives we must have been the highly-ranked and favored wives of some Imperial Grand Poohbah Sultan, we decided to treat ourselves to a weekend on the Kenyan Coast, namely Diani Beach, about an hour south of Mombasa. I'd been there once before, but only for a conference. Never had the chance to lounge about and drink in the sights.

Well, Kelly worked her travel mojo and hooked us up with the sweetest deal EVUH at the Almanara Luxury Resort, smack dab on the Indian Ocean. We are staying in a 3 story villa with a chef. We are steps from the powdery white sand of Diani. We are being pampered senseless, and we deserve every second of it.

And I am scheming. There HAS to be some way to spend the rest of my life as one of the idle rich. I want to LIVE in Villa Silvia of the Almanara Luxury Resort, and have the Indian Ocean as my wading pool. After all, I AM PRINCESS RACHELLA, DAMMIT!!! It is my birthright, my ultimate destiny!!!

Umm, I didn't just publicly declare that, did I? Never mind....

1 comment:

ampjosh said...

There are alot more places to see and things to do. Try snorkeling for a small fee or a ride on the glass bottomed boat. Further south, you can take a trip to shimoni and swim with dolphins at Wasini.