In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Empire State of Mind

From Lanpher's balcony, you can see the Empire State Building. Reminds me of the Jay Z/Alicia Keys song, "Empire State of Mind." It also reminds me that as a gal from Cairo, Illinois, I will always, ALWAYS be in awe of skyscrapers.

And it reminds me of how far I've come, and how far I must still go, and how I must always reach for the sky. I'll be spending a lot of time in it very soon--2 hours to Detroit, 9 hours to Amsterdam, 8 hours to Nairobi.

Au revoir, NYC. And DC. And the people I love, those I actually saw and those I couldn't. I'll be back now, ya hear?

No comments: