In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Warm Welcome

I wondered what kind of greeting I'd get when I went back to PCEA Muniu Primary, after being AWOL for so long. Last time I was there, the kids were still treating me kind of warily. With my crazy orange hair and "Black Mzungu" accent, I bet half of those poor children don't know whether to run or alert the proper authorities when I show up.

So I was really touched when so many of them came up to shake my hand, without being prompted. The shy smiles and giggles made it clear that they remembered me, and that "They LIKE me. They really LIKE me!!!"

School's back in session.

No comments: