In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

"It's My Party, And I'll Cry With Laughter If I Want To!"

Cream always rises to the top, and where tonight's impromptu Expat Labor Day soiree was concerned, it was primo Grade A dairy!

If I'd had to hand-pick the handful of female friends I actually wanted to show-up, I couldn't have done a better job. We howled with laughter so long and so loud, I fully expect to receive a gentle reminder about noise levels when management returns on Monday morning. I won't spill all the details on tonight's event, but let's just say that at one point, I was forced to refute the comment that there are no comfortable thongs by actually producing one, which was passed around, examined, stretched and measured for the official record.

I mean, come on. You really didn't expect a group of women of any nationality to get together without discussing clothing and/or sex toys. We did both. Anyway, there's still a butt-load of dishes to wash, but I don't care. My hostess street cred is still intact! Looks like I couldn't even give a bad party if I wanted to. At least there's that.

G'night, all!

No comments: