In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

"Ooh, Ooh, Child, Things Will Get Brighter.."

I sometimes wonder if, for the rest of my life, the period between August 17th and October 19th is going to feel like this picture looks.

Yeah, I've been pensive lately. Remembering where I was headed 2 years ago. Back to Cairo from Gulu. Back to Julie. Back to...you know.

It's hard. It just is. And it saps the creative energies, fer shure. I keep meaning to update the blog, but just can't find anything clever or witty or pathetic to say.

So I marinate. Try to let the memories come, and then gently usher them out out of my head as quick as humanly possible. I'm just trying to get on with it. But I also chose this picture to help remind me what's behind the gloom. That it, too, shall pass.

No comments: