In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Mental Health Break.......

I have just acknowledged the utter insanity of sitting up all night watching CNN International's and BBC's egregiously overzealous Election Day coverage, and have retreated to the mosquito-netted confines of my bed.

After all, it's 2:46 PM on the East Coast right now...almost 11 PM in Nairobi. So far, all I'm seeing is intense coverage of people standing in line, and blow by blow analyses of what the 21 votes from Dixville Notch, New Hampshire really mean. I'll go starkers sitting through another 3 or 4 hours of this.

Instead, I think I'll watch a few "Family Guy" episodes til I drift off. After all, Brian the dog is more articulate and perceptive than most news "personalities" these days. My alarm is set for 4 AM, about the time when officials calls should start being made. Maybe after a bit of sleep, I'll be braced and ready to sit hypnotized in front of the TV screen for a few hours.

Or maybe I'll just lie here wide awake and staring at the ceiling with bloodshot eyes before finally stumbling into the kitchen to pour myself another scotch and tonic.

Que sera, sera. I'm open to whatever the Universe brings. As long as I get to party my ass off all day tomorrow.

No comments: