In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm So CRAZY!


I don't know why I was trippin' so hard about the election!

Remember last December 26th, when I wrote about opening the last box my sister Julie sent to me while I was in Northern Uganda? Well, on top of all the goodies she had somehow figured out I needed, nestled in the crumpled newspaper packaging, was a large "Obama '08" button, which I'm wearing today.

My brother in law Ron reminds me that at the time, Julie was a Hillary supporter. But I suspect that she also knew she wouldn't live to see the election, and that Obama just might be able to pull it out.

Julie wanted me to have this button to help celebrate for her. And that's what I did this morning, at the Tribe Hotel. I toasted President-elect Obama, hugged, wept and just marvelled at this moment in time.

I will probably be in a daze for a while. I just wish I hadn't worn mascara today, cause I'm definitely rockin' the whole 'coon eyes thing, which is NOT cool. Especially since everybody in the newsroom is coming over to congratulate me.

And this one reporter named Douglas, who introduced himself back in July by saying he hated Americans, now says those feelings have evaporated.

Now those are the kind of election results I'll stay up all night for!!!!!!

No comments: