In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's a Wrap


My relentless sarcasm will one day spell my doom. After last Friday, I'm completely convinced of that fact.

I was wandering through Times Square that evening when I came across these two guys standing near the corner of 43rd and Broadway shouting, "Obama, McCain and Sarah Palin Condoms....Either Way, You're Screwed."

At first, I was a bit offended that Obama was included in that slogan, but after 3 months of observing the mindless machinations of Kenyan politics, I've lost every drop of naive hope that any politician can make meaningful positive change. Let's face it...6 months from now, whoever's in the White House will be up to his eyebrows in serious, intractable problems.

But the gimmick made me laugh, so I walked up to one of the guys and asked how much the 3 condoms cost. He said 10 dollars. Without missing a beat, I replied, "Ten Dollars??? Is the d**k included?"

It must have been the combination of jet-lag and fatigue. Yeah, that's it.

No comments: