In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Hippo Birdie Deer Me

I woke up 90 minutes ago so busy baying for blood during the VP debates, I almost forgot that today is my birthday. Maybe that's a good thing for now.

It's a cool, still morning in Nairobi...at least now that I've turned the TV off. As I lie here in bed staring at this computer screen, there's time to remember where I was a year ago today, and what I was bracing myself for.

I am so grateful to be where I am at this moment. I'm so glad I wanted to keep going.

So I think I'll send myself the same birthday greeting I sent to the Archangel Julie on August 17. After all, she's the one who's propping me up these days.

Hippo birdie to me,
Hippo birdie to me,
Hippo birdie deer Rachel,
Hippo birdie to me!

1 comment:

Marie Javins said...

Hippo birdie two ewes!