In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Temporary Transvestite

I had to wait until I made it back to Kenya safely to write this post, just in case I found myself waking up on a dirt floor in a Sudanese prison for sneaking into the country under false pretenses. It wasn't until the day before I boarded the flight to Juba that I noticed a tiny, gender-based error on my temporary travel visa.

After arriving, I held my breath until the second I cleared the airport. Same thing on the day I left Sudan, praying security officers wouldn't check my papers too closely.

*Sigh.* Thing is, I don't know if I'm more upset with the person in Nairobi who looked at me and made the mistake anyway, or with the folks in Juba didn't catch it and loudly protest that there's no WAY someone as feminine as me could be mistaken for a man.

Either way, I bet they're still talking about the Black American transvestite journalist who dared flaunt her wickedness for a full week in Southern Sudan.

See why I love my life so much???? I am a laff riot with legs.

No comments: