In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Thursday, June 7, 2007

When Life Hands You Lemons.....

....jam those suckers down throat of any jerk who pisses you off or tries to block the path to your 5:30 PM flight to Dulles.

Sorry for that opening salvo of negativity, but you would not even begin to believe what I went through yesterday afternoon trying to get to where I'm sitting right now.....what I'm told is the only decent coffee shop in Kampala Uganda.

Here's a brief synopsis: First, I was chewed out and out by the young Israeli movers who snapped at me for not having done enough of my own packing. A quick call to their boss got the glares and muttered curses stopped. But they had a big surprise for me at the end.....A $700 tab for the move, which was entirely reasonable, and then...

....a $980 charge for the packing materials. I had to threaten to call the police to get things straightened out.

But enough of that, because I just got a prompt saying my battery is low. I'll send a longer post when we get to Gulu, about 4 hours away. Just know that it is an absolutely beautiful day, and I'm feeling great, and I'm absolutely wired beyond belief after 2 Macchiatos that will probably keep me awake for the next 3 days.

Just another episode in the life of Rachella, a.k.a. "God's Sitcom"...

Later.