In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

"This Is The Day The Lord Hath Made..."

...or at least it was the day He made yesterday.

It was absolutely beautiful. Resplendent, even. I spent most of it at the Muthaiga Golf course during the Kenya Open. Not that I know enough about golf to spread on a Ritz cracker, but it's surprising what access dropping a few names can get you. When I wasn't spread out on a patch of carefully manicured grass under a shady tree, I was feasting on the buffet at the VIP Barclays Bank tent. (No booze, but hey, at least I didn't have to cook last night...)

Basically, these ARE the days the Lord hath made. The days of my life--what's left of it. And I decided yesterday that I had to start getting on with it. March kinda pulled me down, but April's gonna get me back in the groove. I can just feel it.

It's blue skies from here on out. At least until it's not. But then they'll be back again, eventually. That is until they're not, permanently. But by that point I won't care. So let the living begin!

No comments: