In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Guantanamera, Indeed!

For now, this is all you need to know about how the Second Kenyan Alliance of Health and Science Reporters Workshop has gone this week. Last night, after getting uncharacteristically hammered on just two margaritas, I wound up crooning "Guantanamera" with the strolling Kenyan guitarist at the Fairview Hotel, along with these three beaming young journalists.

I have had an absolute BLAST! These kids have been wonderful. I am exhausted beyond words.

Will touch base when I've re-charged the batteries. But let me just say that sometimes, if you just hang in there long enough, the Universe rights itself. I think the last bitter memory from Kilifi is finally dissipated.

Hallelujah!

No comments: