In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Monday, January 24, 2011

"I'm Just Sayin', Dawg...." Part 25

When it's time for Rush Limbaugh to reap his Karmic Harvest for the hateful garbage he spews each day, I just hope I'll own a 75 inch flat-screen TV, a gourmet popcorn machine, and a buttery soft leather couch to snuggle into as I watch it unfold.

I could not
believe what was I was reading last week when a friend sent a link to a story about his latest hijinks. Apparently, while Chinese President Hu Jintao was visiting the US recently, Lame-baugh thought it would be really funny to mock the way he speaks. He riffed about 17 seconds of standard-issue babbling, a la the 1930's Hollywood version of Chinese...I don't have to repeat it here, do I?

Apparently, all Asian languages sound the same to Rush, and so somewhere in that warped, swampy morass that passes for his skull, he decided to score some comedic points with the army of feral zombies devoted to his show. I'm still appalled thinking about the blatant disrespect, the unblinking, defiant lack of human decency that man embodies. And
then I remember he was raised in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, at a time in American history when you could openly mock and harass and disrespect people of color, if they didn't stay in "their place," or if they spoke when they weren't spoken to.

Now, I'm not using this posting to malign "Cape" as it's most often referred to, because those days of segregation are long gone. Whenever I've gone back to the Midwest over the past decade or so, I've usually wound up going there, or to another town with a similar pedigree, Paducah, Kentucky. For Cairo residents, they are two of the closest locations for shopping or any semblance of city life. Black folks can pretty much go wherever they want in both towns these days.

Anyway, on the same morning I read about Rush's latest tomfoolery, I also saw the photo up top. Once again, America's Sassy Little Sweetheart, Sasha Obama, came to the rescue! Apparently, she's learning Chinese at Sidwell Friends School in Washington, and so she greeted him in his own language, politely and respectfully. Like somebody who was
raised well. It was such a powerful reminder that no matter how many mansions he lives in, no matter how many ratings points he scores or how many young blonde trophy wives he marries, Rush Limbaugh will go to his grave as little more than a bellicose, belligerent pre-Civil Rights Era Cape Girardeau schoolboy craving the attention and admiration of the other creeps on the playground by making fun of people who are "different."

While Rush was uttering his gibberish, he said he can't understand how
anybody can learn Asian languages. Thanks, Sasha, for providing one more piece of evidence that Rush Limbaugh has the mental agility of someone under the age of 9, and displays all the class and decorum of someone raised by wolves.

"I'm just
sayin', dawg..."