In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Blending Into The Scenery

Sometimes, I feel like the Black Female Zelig. Or Maybe Forrest Gump. I've got enough photographic evidence that I've been in the middle or near some pretty interesting events.

I'm looking at a 1994 picture of me standing beside Nelson Mandela even as I type these words. I plopped down in Northern Uganda a year after a 21 year Civil War ended, and in Kenya 5 months after the Post Election Violence. In January of 2010, I got caught in the middle of a rock-throwing riot between Christians and Muslims in downtown Nairobi. And here's a picture of me in Juba, near a Separation Poster.

Can't wait to see what'll happen next...or can I?????

No comments: