In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

One More Hormone-Fueled Culture Rant

The only Lady Gaga song I've ever heard (and knew it was her singing) is "Pokerface." It was actually the day after New Year's 2010, and I was at a seriously rockin' house party where most of us were old enough to be her parents, but we acquitted ourselves quite credibly on the dance floor.

A few months later, I managed to catch her interview with Larry King, and thought it was kinda snarkishly cool that she wore suspenders and glasses and slicked her hair back like his for the gig. But otherwise, I guess I've just lived outside the U.S. far too long, and haven't heard enough of Lady Gaga's music, to understand her seemingly hypnotic appeal.

Whatever the case may be, I think her recent meat dress stunt was some sick, twisted shit. It makes me nauseous just looking at it. I know, I know, anybody this desperate for attention probably isn't interested in my long-distance critique, but Gaga, you ain't nobody's Lady as far as I'm concerned.

No comments: