In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Maasai Men CAN Jump!

I'll never forget the grace and enthusiasm and athleticism of these young morans as they danced and chanted and jumped. You could tell it was more than just a coming of age ritual. These young men moved to a higher level spiritually during this rite, and the jumping was their way of expressing their pride and joy at having made it through.


I almost felt like joining them, after thinking about how far I've come over the past decade. In those dark, brutal moments when you don't know if you even want to endure, what a gift it is to awaken to a new dawn with a new perspective on life.

No comments: