In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Warrior Pose

If I ever get my butt in gear and actually commit to yoga, I'll have this image to keep me inspired.

This is me and a Maasai Moran chillin' in the forest near Magadi, Kenya, during a rite of passage ceremony.

I think you could call this the ultimate "Warrior Pose," eh?

I'll post a few pictures from this recent road trip to underscore why I'm so eager to get my hands on a professional camera. Even though I do fairly good job with my pink point and shoot Fine Pix, I want to do justice to experiences like these.

Oh, I should say that this particular kid kinda took a shine to me. He kept charging at me and rushing away. The first time I froze, hoping the spear he was holding would at least pierce my heart and kill me instantly. But then I was told this is the Maasai mating ritual of sorts.

Hey, put him in a suit and some gators, and I'd at least think about it....

No comments: