In July, 2008, I, Princess Rachella, Intrepid African American Girl International Journalism Consultant, pulled up stakes once again and headed to Nairobi, Kenya. Through my various adventures, I've concluded that if I get any MORE explosively fabulous in these prequel years to "THE BIG 5-0," I will have to register myself with the Pentagon as a thermonuclear incendiary device.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Forced March

Okay, I've gotten through the first half of March relatively unscathed.........

Like I wrote in an earlier posting, March has morphed into a completely sucky month, for several reasons. Memories of my eldest brother David settle in during the first few days, and now, fresh waves of emotion are roiling about another brother, Fred, who made his transition last month....

And whose 59th birthday would have been on March 21st. But lately, I've started noticing that several of my good friends have the same March malaise issues. My pal Joyce in Raleigh lost both of her parents in this third month of the year, and my BFF Faith lost a good friend last year during this period.

Eventually, you start to realize that if you live long enough, so many horrible things will happen there'll be plenty to distribute throughout all 12 months, and there really won't be any time slot left for you to check out from reality. Truth be told, right now July looks to be about the only free and clear shot I have for a 30-day period unencumbered by visions of doom.

Of course if I'm still living in Kenya in July 2011, I'll be bummed at yet ANOTHER missed opportunity for slightly charred hot-dogs and fireworks...

Aww, screw it! Pass the Prozac, already....

No comments: